Gaviscon Double Action works in two ways to relieve both heartburn and indigestion.
- Soothes in 3 minutes.
- Lasts up to 4 hours.
- Suitable for use in pregnancy.
1) Quickly neutralises excess stomach acid.
2) Forms a raft over stomach contents which helps to prevent acid from flowing back up into the esophagus (food pipe). See how Double Action works.
Gaviscon Double Action works in two ways to effectively relieve the symptoms of both heartburn and indigestion.
1) The sodium alginate in Gaviscon Double Action begins to form a thick layer (known as a raft) on top of the stomach contents once it makes contact with the stomach acid. The raft acts as a strong physical barrier and helps to keep stomach contents in the stomach where they belong and not in the food pipe where they hurt.
2) The antacid neutralizes excess stomach acid to relieve pain and discomfort of indigestion.
Direction for Use:
Adults and children over 12 years: 2-4 tablets after meals and at bedtime. Children under 12 years: Seek your doctor's advice. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor. Chew thoroughly before swallowing.